"Actiondesk enables us to gather relevant and actionable KPIs for each our client in the one tool our account managers use: Hubspot"
Gregoire Veron, Gymlib COO
Gymlib is a subscription marketplace that lets users access any gym in France and Belgium. They initially started as a B2C service but then pivoted to a B2B2C service. For a company, you pay a flat fee to enable any of your employees to subscribe to Gymlib’s service. Then each employee will have the option to subscribe to the service for a very reasonable fee.
The other side of the marketplace is the gyms who are remunerated a given amount for any visit from a Gymlib user.
Gymlib has raised a total of €14M (~ $16M) since they started in 2013.
Given Gymlib’s business model, nurturing relationships with their business clients is key. Indeed, once a company becomes a client, the main effort is to get the maximum number of employees to subscribe to Gymlib since the more employees subscribe,
- The more revenue Gymlib gets
- The more it makes sense for the client company to renew the subscription
- The more visits the gyms get (happy providers are always key in a marketplace model)
Account managers use Hubspot but all the data related to individual subscribers is in Stripe - and that’s all raw data.
To prioritize the right accounts, it’s important for account managers to know how many subscribers there are for each one of their accounts and the penetration rate (total # subscribers / total # of employees) - among other things.
Gregoire, Gymlib’s COO, and his team are heavy users of Zapier, which lets them sync some data from Stripe to Hubspot. However, in this case, they needed to compute the number of subscribers per Stripe account (data aggregation), link each Stripe account to a HubSpot account (data combination) and then push that computed data to Hubspot. This is not possible with Zapier (at least not without writing some serious custom code) nor with other Zapier-like tools.
That’s why Gregoire’s team was exporting data manually from Stripe and Hubspot and doing the data manipulation on Excel. This was not a great solution, as it is very time-consuming and not scalable, meaning they rarely had fresh data.
Gregoire considered coding it for themselves, but that would end up being very expensive, taking time and bandwidth from technical teams who already have too much to do. More importantly, it was critical for Gregoire that his team and himself could create and change the automation independently without having to go through their technical team or anyone else.
The solution: actiondesk
Actiondesk lets any non-technical user build powerful automations using only their spreadsheet skills.
Thanks to actiondesk, Gymlib can easily:
- Calculate the number of subscribers per account (data coming from Stripe), link it to a Hubspot account id and push this data in a Hubspot customized field
- Then they can calculate the penetration rate easily and push that to another customized field.
Furthermore, Gymlib is able to have the breakdown of those indicators across several dimensions:
- Per type of plan (they have three plans giving access to different types of gyms)
- Employee or employee’s family (Gymlib subscribers can sponsor two of their family members or friends to benefit from a discounted offer)
This data is refreshed every hour. That way, account managers have all the indicators they need, updated fast and available directly in Hubspot.
Today, Gymlib has 14 workflows running with Actiondesk triggering around 20,000 tasks per day.
Moving forward, Gymlib wishes to implement more workflows with actiondesk. For example, they have in their database all the data related to the gyms, like visits from subscribers. From that, they could calculate a profitability ratio (revenue from company + revenue from subscribers - the amount paid to gyms) and push it to Hubspot. If that ratio is too low, it would lead to specific actions from account managers (renegotiate flat fee or push to have more subscribers)
Thanks to actiondesk:
- Account managers spend no time crunching data on excel and can focus on where they really add value: speaking with clients
- When speaking with clients, they have all the context they need, and in the one tool they use all the time: Hubspot. No need to toggle between several tools.
- They’re able to prioritize better. For example, they’ll focus first on accounts with a low penetration rate.
- Lastly, they can create new workflows or modify existing ones within minutes without having to depend on anyone else within or outside the company.